What you will learn
Does parenting have you pulling your hair out?! Does marriage get in the way of parenting for you? And how often does parenting disrupt marriage? In this course, we dive into how marriage and family can be a synergistic mix resulting in self-actualization and happiness.
Topics include the following 3 sections:
The Family Foundation:
Marriage and Family:
Conclusion: Your Loved One Meditation
These topics in detail are as follows:
Section A. The Family Foundation:
1. Family Built on the Rock – Understand how to build the family foundation based on key principles.
2. Core Beliefs –Our core beliefs are at the root of why we do what we do; Do: Determine your core beliefs of your adolescence.
3. Best Parenting is Accepting as is- Discover your expectations about when a family member is finally “enough” for you
4. Real Love- Implement the Real Love philosophy with family members.
5. Agency is Key –Understand agency in the family dynamic.
6. Basic Needs – See the importance of basic needs being met in 5 areas, as well as determining if you are meeting the Magic Ratio.
7. Our Traditions–Discover or Rediscover the value of traditions; and make a particular plan to practice them in your family.
Section B. Parenting:
1. Our only job is to love – Consider factors in what the # 1 job of parents really is.
2. Boundaries – Practice the Boundaries Formula and get tips on how to use it.
3. No Same Page –Understand why you’ll never really be on the same page in parenting.
4. Consultant Sandwich –Find what the experts say is the best way to parent.
5. Parenting Tips –Gather some fresh parenting tips from the professionals. Find out how to motivate children!
6. Work on You –Learn about fear, guilt, and shame through the story of Lehi.
7. They will be what they will be –Discover why we shouldn’t expect to mold our children into our hopes.
Section C. Marriage and Family:
1. DIFFERENTIATION –Internalize differentiation between 2 parents and why it really works.
2. LYING – Discover what to do about lying in family relations and how to reverse the “Real Love” equation.
3. DRAMA TRIANGLE – Find your place in the drama triangle, and what to do about it.
4. PARENTING IMPROVES MARRIAGE –Learn why I am a better spouse because of parenting, and how you can be, too.
5. 3 TITLES – Do this fun, but effective exercise to really emphasize your opinion of your family members.
6. LZ BALANCE in marriage – See the difference between correct priorities in family life and a messy sandwich!
7. INTUITION- Finally! Acknowledge your owner’s manual for children and spouses!
CONCLUSION: KNOW YOUR LOVED ONE MEDITATION –Appreciate this time of connecting with your loved one in a interesting new way.
Discover how magical connecting marriage and family can be as you both connect to loved ones and truly find yourself!